For those who aren't aware, a Babychino, Is a miniature "coffee" with no coffee in it. Some cafe's make them as hot chocolates with froth on top and others just plain warm milk with froth on top. Either, sprinkled with hot choc dusting. Alot of cafe's or coffee houses will give your child one for free when you buy a coffee, or charge only $1 for them. Kids love the novelty of it and feel like little "grown ups" because they are also served in a miniature cup/mug.
Why not make one at home on a cold day?
You will need:
- A miniature mug or teacup. (We got ours from red dot for 50c each.)
- A teaspoon or less of hot chocolate (optional)
- Milk (full cream works best)
- Hot chocolate to sprinkle on top.
What to do:
1. Pour cold milk into your mini mug, till it is almost full. Then pour that milk into a large mug. Heat milk in the large mug in the microwave until warm. This takes 40 seconds in ours.
2. Pour half the milk in the mini mug, and stirr in hot chocolate if using. then with the rest of the milk in the large mug, Using a mini whisk (available at Kmart for $2 or you could try using a fork) vigorously whisk the milk silly. Will take 30seconds to a minute to make some froth. Good arm workout!
3. Using a dusting container, dust hot chocolate on top. If you don't have one, a fine sieve will do the same thing.
Serve immediately to your little ones.
Be sure to put a marshmallow or two on the side!!
This doesn't form the same amount of froth as a proper machine does, but kids don't care, it's enough for them! And a cute treat!